12 Communities 1 Bristol – A Local Heritage Project
Fancy helping to make a radio documentary?
Would you like to help create a podcast?
We need volunteers to help produce audio content on the oral history of 12 different Bristol neighbourhoods for local radio and podcasts.
– FREE 1 day professional training on audio production and interviewing skills
– 3 months FLEXIBLE (when you can) and supported experience producing audio content
– EXCLUSIVE behind the scenes tour of MShed and Bristol Archives
– All project related travel expenses covered
– Lunch and refreshments provided where and when necessary
– YOUR WORK shared on radio, podcasts and in museum galleries
No experience required, but must be available on Saturday 30 November. This project is OPEN TO ALL SECTIONS OF OUR COMMUNITIES and it’s desirable, but not essential, if you live in or near one of the following 12 areas:
– BARTON HILL
– KNOWLE WEST
– ST GEORGE
– LAWRENCE WESTON
These communities are the least satisfied with Bristol’s offering of heritage and museums, and some of the most overlooked areas in the city. So we thought let’s try something different!
The cultural traditions, histories of places and events, language and dialect, memories and experiences, industry and natural heritage of each community will be covered, including those hidden and little known stories.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply make a 60 second audio recording OR write in no more than 200 words telling us why you like to join the project. You can record this any way you like (smartphone is fine).
Then email your audio piece or words to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 8 November 2019 along with your name and phone number.
FOLLOW THE STORY SO FAR #12Communities1Bristol
This project is led by Bristol Community 93.2FM in partnership with UWE Bristol, Bristol Museums and funded by Heritage Lottery Fund.